Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Departure

Anticipation and hopeful expectation is running high this morning as Dave and I prepare to leave at 1:00 for the airport! Dave still has not packed his bag which I find humorous, while I cannot stop packing! I found Carly cuddled up on the couch this morning reading her Bible at 7:00. What a blessing to know that my children find comfort in the Lord and His promises.

Yesterday morning I read this verse in the Bible and it summed up our journey to adopt Hanna:
"I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." Revelation 3:8
At the time we were considering adoption I truly felt I had "a little" strength left but as we have followed His call He has been faithful and has multiplied our strength tenfold. What an amazing God we serve!

The girls practiced how we are going to greet each other upon arrival and had some laughs. Life is sweet. We are so thankful for my parents enthusiastic support and for tending our little lambs at the farm while we are gone! (Matt a lamb? Uh...a big one. :)) Thank you friends for all of your support and encouragement. The body of Christ is strong and powerful; what a blessing!

Dave and I will try to update the blog as we go along but Ethiopia being a third world country who knows?

We love you! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment